The most powerful and technologically advanced, a high-performance Jeep vehicle ever - the new 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 - arrives in the summer of 2011 with a combination of legendary Jeep capability and utility, merged with maximum performance engineering class Group Chrysler LLC's Street and Racing Technology (SRT).
"The all-new 2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 is the ultimate performance SUV that offers a combination of the Jeep and capacity efficiency, world-class performance, luxury and sophistication, and innovative technology," he said Mike Manley, president and CEO - the Jeep brand, Chrysler Group LLC. "Jeep vehicles have long been known for their off-road capabilities. In addition to traction Jeep four-wheel drive and utility, the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 capacity to a new level by offering extreme performance driving enthusiasts from the street and track.
"Our new performance SUV benchmark portfolio effectively expands Grand Cherokee, and continue to attract new Jeep dealer customers," said Manley.
Designed and built by technology SRT formula, which raises performance to astonishing levels, the new 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 will run from 0-60 mph in 4.8 seconds, 0-100-0 mph in mid- 16 of the second area can cover a quarter mile in the region mid-13 second has a top speed of 155 mph, and brakes from 60 to 0 mph in 116 feet.
The owners of the Chrysler Group's SRT vehicles whenever they receive professional conduct at the Richard Petty Racing School in the framework of the SRT Track Experience, designed to improve their knowledge and skills of driving on the road or track. The sessions are held throughout the year on selected tracks.
Power 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 is the Chrysler Group's new 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 energy-saving technology, which produces about 465 horsepower and 465 Nm torque - Improve 45 hp and 45 Nm of torque over the 6.1-liter HEMI V -8 replacing.
Active intake manifold and cam High-Lift with the cam slowly can produce low-end torque, maximizing the power of high-end and improve the wider rpm band. In particular, 90 percent of the maximum torque is available between 2800 and 6000 rpm, allowing inspired from a standing start and improve performance in a straight line.
Fuel Standard information technology and a new valve-to-2012 activates the exhaust system provides a four-cylinder operation to engage a wider choice of tours, offering both better fuel economy - an estimated increase of 13 percent on the highway - and a range of about 450 miles on a tank of gas.
Standard steering wheel paddles club membership automatic standard on the ground. Both are paired with an automatic transmission proved, if the choice of the bustling city to spend on road and track. Each method allows the driver to pass, while the transmission controller calibration prevents situations that can rev the engine. Entirely suitable electronic control makes changing all the powertrain more responsive while reducing the hardness.
maneuverability and the ability
For 2011, Jeep Grand Cherokee all models offer an improved and refined by riding on the road in part to the structure of the vehicle body. The torsional rigidity has improved by 146 percent over the previous model, improved ride, durability and reduced noise, vibration and harshness. The improvement is achieved with more than 5,400 welds in the body alone, marking an increase of 53 percent in soldering, an increase of 42 percent in the welding arc and a 38 percent increase in structural adhesives.
With the new Grand Cherokee SRT8 2012, engineers have improved manipulation.
The best treatment of the Jeep vehicle ever - is capable of 0.90 G-slip pad - features the new SRT-tuned system, adaptive suspension damping to manage the new Jeep selective-track system, which is connected to different systems ( stability control, adaptive damping, the change of transmission strategy, to refer the matter Torque Distribution, Electronic Limited Slip Differential performance of the accelerator and off of the cylinder) to automatically tune the vehicle dynamics. Drivers can choose from five modes of transport, specific dynamic driving conditions:
* Auto: the tour provides more compliant and automatically adapts to any situation of the road, using the air suspension tuning
* Sport: improved body control for a sporty, fun to drive, ride on the road
* Trailer: provides safe to reduce the pitch and bounce to improve towing capacity
* Monitor: Provides a high performance, the company, "the suspension in place to track the ability to block the movements of the body and the experience of reading the final
* Snow Report deliver the most dynamic conservative mode, so the vehicle safely remain in the network of winter weather
Jeep Quadra-active rule in the application of four cases Wheel Drive Transfer Trac uses input from a variety of sensors to determine tire slip as soon as possible and take corrective action. The system used to detect gas Anticipating the rapid movement of the throttle stop and maximize front wheel slippage occurs. When it detects tire slippage, the Jeep 4x4 system can transfer up to 100 percent of available torque to the rear wheel.
Refer the matter to improve also the transformation of the ratio of torque between front and rear axles to keep the driver's intended path. The new Grand Cherokee SRT8 is also Electronic Limited Slip Differential, which eliminates slippage of the rear wheel and improved handling.
The performance tuned, fully hydraulic control system is improved with a new, heavy pump and cooler. Revised transmission gives drivers a sense more direct intervention on the center.
New Division 5-spoke 20-inch forged aluminum wheels rolling on Pirelli P Zero P295/45ZR20 tires runflat (standard or available for all stations in three seasons).
To complement the capabilities of the 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 is a trailer rating of 5,000 pounds.
Chrysler Group SRT vehicles are known for their world-class braking. Stopping power in 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 comes courtesy of the new SRT high-performance brake calipers Brembo four-wheel anti-lock (ABS).
Judgement of the power range of 116 feet from 60 to 0 km / h is possible by new red-painted six-piston Brembo (front) and four-piston (rear) vented discs and calipers at all four corners, measuring 15 inches inches (front) and 13.8 (rear).
Exterior dynamic and functional
Functional performance outside the 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 is equipped with "planted" the emergence of high-performance sports car being lowered by 1 inch and add new SRT-exclusive, wheel flares color body and the coating stretcher.
One piece front fascia includes new multi-function LED daytime running lights, resulting in an exclusive face-to-new Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8, while a body-color grille with a black background makes it unique and chrome inserts even more aggressive.
The integrated lower grille is painted glossy black and a belly pan underbody redesigned also includes integrated brake tubes for improved cooling and heat resistance. Finalize the new front is a newly sculpted hood with two functional heat extractors black for the engine cooling added.
Continuous rear impact performance SRT with a new rear spoiler that reduces drag and improves downforce. A single piece rear fascia diffuser includes a separate air receiver with a vacant trailer and cover. New to the 2012 version of the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 is the dual sport exhaust system with 4-inch exhaust tips.
inside the race-inspired and in good condition
The 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee is more refined, luxurious interior makes sense in a performance SRT8 with racing inspired technology and SRT-exclusive appointments.
A brand new, leather-wrapped heated steering wheel rim has a unique service with a flat bottom - evoking a race-inspired cockpit - which highlights the SRT logo. Standard paddles control flank both sides of the new curved palm rest, while all audio and Electronic Vehicle Information Centre (EVIC) controls are accessible from the horizontal spokes on the wheel. A tilt and telescoping steering column is also standard.
SRT-exclusive performance pages are new for 2012 and show an immediate feedback control for the entry, power, torque, 0-60 mph time, 60-0 mph braking distance, g-forces and a mile eighth and quarter mile times, with extensive engine information.
The new SRT-style Nappa leather and suede seats, sculpted support and adjustable headrest, it offers all the services on a daily basis to drive - and "grip" to keep drivers and passengers during the busy driving. SRT embroidered logo and contrast stitching accents two front seats. Heated (front and back) and air conditioning (front) seats are standard.
Carbon fiber accents are integrated in the dashboard and door panels and trim a bright new pads, and racing-style pedal to add high-performance internal screens.
A sunroof available CommandView double pane gives two times more glass area than a standard sunroof and extends from the windshield to the rear of the vehicle.
Available Luxury Group package adds premium leather interior door panels, dashboard and center console with a power liftgate, Adaptive Cruise Control, Forward Collision Warning and Blind Spot Monitoring.
Safety and security
Already the recipient of the 2011 Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) "Top Safety Pick" for the volume of the Grand Cherokee, 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 offers customers safety and security is 45, including:
* Active head restraints, implemented in rear collision. These limits are designed to reduce injuries to minimize the gap between the headrest and the head of passenger
Intermittent Active: indicator flashes three times when the bar is pressed for one second to indicate a lane change
* Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) system reduces the vehicle speed preset cruise control when approaching another vehicle in the same lane, or when another vehicle pulled in the same lane. The quickest and most pre-set speed when the vehicle in front to speed up or move to another lane. ACC to keep the distance between the driver control the vehicle and the one in front, the use of cruise control in light traffic without constantly adjusting the settings
* Advanced air bags in several steps: inflate with a force proportional to the severity of the effects of complying with the requirements of FMVSS 208 advanced air bags for children, the occupants of his position
* Antilock braking system (ABS): Senses and prevents wheel lockup, offering improved steering control under extreme braking and / or slippery conditions
* ABS braking system with rough road detection: Anti-lock braking system capable of detecting if the vehicle is driven by a rough road by the oscillations in the signals of wheel speed. When the rough road is detected on the surface off-road or trail, the ABS control between different pressure, which maintains the brake pressure pulses longer
* Belt Alert: Allows a bell and / or an icon displayed in the dashboard to remind the driver and front passenger seat belt if a vehicle is driven without a seatbelt in the front seat occupants
* Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM) uses two sensors for ultra-wideband radar to help drivers when changing lanes, or if their adoption by the passage of vehicles or invisible. The system warns the driver of the vehicle (s) in your blind spot illuminated icons on the driver's side mirror and a ringing sound selected
* Brake Assist: In an emergency braking situation, the system applies maximum braking power, minimizing braking distance
Brake * Overload: When a disagreement between the accelerator and the brake, the brake signal causes the motor controller to reduce engine power, which allows the operator to stop the car
* Brakes, Traction Control System (CBC) helps keep the driving wheels from spinning during acceleration or stops during the slow application of the brakes individual wheels to skid (s)
* Child seat anchor points system: LATCH (Lower Anchors and tethers for children) is designed to ease installation of compatible aftermarket child seats
* Constant Force Retractors (CFR): You can adjust the force applied to the head is the seat belt, and then gradually release the seat belt straps in a controlled environment
* Electronic Roll Mitigation (ERM): the extension of electronic stability control (ESC). ESC uses sensors to predict the contribution, if the vehicle is in danger of getting a potential roll situation, then the brakes individually and modulating throttle position must
* Electronic Stability Control (ESC): Enhances driver control and helps maintain directional stability under all conditions. The benefit in critical driving situations such as money, and is useful when driving on mixed surface conditions, including snow, ice or gravel. If there is an appreciable difference between the decisions of the driver through the steering wheel and the vehicle's path, ESC applies selective braking and throttle input to guide the vehicle on its intended path for the driver
* Power steering power: the power to adjust steering column employs a calibrated bending element that deforms during column stroke, the optimal management of energy
* Enhanced Accident Response System (ears) to help emergency personnel to see and reach occupants in the event of an accident to turn on the lights inside and open the door for air bag systems. In addition, the engine shuts off fuel
* Express Up / Down Windows: One-touch power express up / Window button down on the driver and front passenger side door
* Forward Collision Warning (FCW) towards the front using radar sensors, the system detects when the vehicle is approaching another vehicle too quickly and warns the driver if the driver can determine what action should be taken to prevent the vehicle collision
* High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps: Allow about three times brighter than conventional reflector lamps for improved lighting at night
* Hill-Start Assist (HSA): Assists drivers when starting the vehicle to stop on a hill to maintain the brake pressure applied for a short period of time after the driver's foot is removed from the brake pedal. If the gas does not apply to a short time later the driver's foot is removed from the brake pedal, brake pressure is released
* Enter Keyless-N-Go: When a person enters the vehicle, the electronic sensors detect the vehicle key ring is present. The vehicle will then allow the individual to press a button to start the car without inserting the key in the ignition
Supports the knee: The lower panel of the door panel and glove box are designed to properly position the occupant during impact, enabling air bags to work effectively
* Navigation System: Navigation system with voice command traffic available in real time to give precise destination through the use of global positioning satellite technology (GPS)
* Park Reverse Park Assist System: Help low speed in reverse to detect stationary objects. It consists of audible warnings for the driver and has a screen in the Electronic Vehicle Information Centre (EVIC) integrated in the dashboard
Parkview rear backup camera *: Provides a wide angle view of the area directly behind the vehicle, giving the driver greater peace of mind before turning at low speeds. Includes grid line that helps the driver when maneuvering into parking spaces or narrow areas. also contributes to the tail of a trailer to tow the car when it is equipped. The image displayed on the navigation screen when the transmission is in reverse
* Tilt and telescoping steering column with memory: Allows tilt steering column and move toward or away from the conductor to achieve a safe and comfortable distance from the bag for the first time in several floors of advanced air driver, if implemented
* Support to rain Brake: Use the pump at CES push the brake pads against the brake discs in wet weather slightly to keep the rotors dry
* Wipers: A driver with comfort automatically senses moisture on the windshield and activates
* Ready Brake Alert: anticipate situations where the driver can trigger an emergency stop and use the ESC to pump the brake pads against the rotors to reduce the time required for a complete braking
* Rear Cross Path (RCP): When the parking lot of situations, this system alerts the driver is backing out of parking lots of traffic moving toward their vehicle. It is activated whenever the vehicle in reverse. The driver communicates to the vehicle (s) crossing behind the car through the illuminated icons on the driver's side mirror and a choice of audible bell
* Distance (FOB) operated windows (front windows - set only): Enable an individual vehicle cool passively by opening the front windows at a distance
* Remote keyless entry: Lock and open the doors and turn on interior lights. If the vehicle is equipped with an alarm, the remote also arms and disarms that system
* Remote Start: Start the engine and convenient to activate the convenience key settings based on environmental conditions, using the key ring while maintaining the safety of the vehicle
* Rollover Crash Detection: detect a rollover and the installation of seat belts and / or standard half-length curtain airbags need
* Seat belts: a collision, impact sensors initiate front seat belts to remove the 'slack in the system of safety belts, which reduces the forward movement of the passenger's head and body
* Sentry Key Immobilizer: Utilizes an engine key that has an embedded transponder with a preprogrammed security code to prevent auto theft. When the key is inserted in the ignition, the controller sends a random number to the transponder and the engine is allowed to start. If a wrong key is used, the engine turns off after a few seconds
* Signal lamp exterior mirrors mirrors built housing allows indicators are viewed from the front and sides and rear of the vehicle to alert other vehicles and pedestrians
* SmartBeam headlights, headlight adjusting the system to room temperature and the lights of oncoming traffic to provide maximum illumination
* Standard bags full-length side curtain air bags: Extend protection to all outboard front and rear. Each side air bag has its own impact sensor that autonomously triggers the air bag on the side where impact occurs. This type of air bag is housed in the pavilion above the side windows
* Standard seat-mounted side thorax air bags: Provide enhanced protection thedriver and front passenger in certain impacts. Each side air bag has its own impact sensor that autonomously activate the air bag on the side where impact occurs. Side airbags are on the outside of each front seat
* The three-point safety belts: front outboard seating positions and all rear seating positions have lap and shoulder belts
* Tire Pressure Monitoring (TPM) allows the driver of the tire pressure too low. The pressure sensor modules within the valve stems of all four wheels send continuous radio-frequency receiver and the system
* Trailer-Sway Control (TSC): Reduces trailer sway and improves handling in difficult conditions caused by crosswinds and traffic towing. The system controls the movement of the vehicle compared to the projected path of the driver to apply pressure alternating brake to slow the car and then add more pressure on one front wheel in order to combat influenza induced Trailer
* UConnect Phone: In-car voice command system of communication that allows customers to speak with a compatible Bluetooth phone with your hands on the wheel and eyes on the road. Built-in address book synchronization feature automatically downloads up to 1000 phone book entries supported phones, which can then be selected simply by saying the name
Connectivity and Infotainment
New system for 2012 is the provision of 19 825-watt premium audio speakers Harman Kardon SRT performance surround sound that includes a 10-inch subwoofer for maximum sound quality.
A wide range of easy to use infotainment options are available with features that offer customers a seamless integration of consumer electronics that provide drivers and passengers the comfort of home and office.
Garmin navigation and SIRIUS Travel Link is standard on the 430N AM / FM / CD / DVD radio. Also, many standard features including SIRIUS Satellite Radio and UConnect Phone.
Available vehicles Entertainment System (VES) includes a DVD player and projection screen rear seat featuring a variety of programming choices, with ports to connect games and media players with an output capacity of audio and video, including connectivity iPod. The Media Center remote control or VES can handle multiple-entry screen and each screen can play something different.